In case you haven’t yet heard, this coming Sunday June 10, we’re celebrating 15 years of one of the best world music club events that Los Angeles has ever birthed…
Join us from 2-8PM as
Grand Park Sunday Sessions presents
AFRO FUNKÈ 15 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!
Grand Park LA – Performance Lawn
200 N. Grand Avenue
Los Angeles CA
∙ JEREMY SOLE & GLENN RED, Afro Funké resident deejays
∙ RICH MEDINA, guest deejay (Jump ‘N’ Funk, NYC/Philly)
∙ LE BALLET DEMBAYA, featured dance performance
∙ JAHANNA BLUNT, featured dancer
∙ KAHLIL CUMMINGS, live percussion
∙ STEVEN LOPEZ, live painting
∙ ROCKY DAWUNI, host
∙ CARY SULLIVAN, producer
* live body art by Amir Magal & TRIBAL MARKERS
* live screen printing by HIT & RUN crew (bring your own article of clothing or buy preprinted t-shirts there)
* jewelry & craft vending by NATIVE SOL
THINGS TO KNOW:
* This is a FREE/GRATIS event.
* All ages are welcome.
* Picnic blankets, low backed chairs encouraged.
* Dancing on lawn is HIGHLY encouraged (almost mandatory!)
* Food trucks available.
* A special 21+ beverage garden will be available on site.
* Grand Park FAQs Page
HUGE THANKS to Azul Amaral and the team at Grand Park Los Angeles for hosting this epic milestone event on behalf of Afro Funké.