My fourth and latest mix for Marina Soul Club Radio is now up on mixcloud.com, just in time to wind down your Memorial Day Weekend! This outing begins with the beloved spring and summertime anthem “Sailing” by Christopher Cross setting the tone for a smooth and soulful excursion, followed by Bobby Caldwell, Alessi Brothers, an unexpected but worthy appearance by Charlie’s Angels alumnus Cheryl Ladd, Pages, Margie Joseph, James Taylor and other amazing music makers of the era.
15 songs, 53 minutes. As always, pour yourself a glass of your favorite wine and sail where you need to go.
ARTIST / Tracklist
01. CHRISTOPHER CROSS / “Sailing”
02. BOBBY CALDWELL / “Open Your Eyes”
03. ALESSI BROTHERS / “Driftin'”
04. CAMEL / “Wing And A Prayer”
05. CHERYL LADD / “Skinnydippin'”
06. DANE DONOHUE / “Whatever Happened”
07. KARLA BONOFF / “Personally”
08. PAGES / “Come On Home”
09. MARGIE JOSEPH / “Come On Back To Me Lover”
10. LITTLE RIVER BAND / “Reminiscing”
11. CLIMAX BLUES BAND / “Couldn’t Get It Right”
12. TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS / “Breakdown”
13. DEBARGE / “I Like It”
14. GINO VANELLI / “I Just Wanna Stop”
15. JOURNEY / “Lights”
If these tunes take you back, be sure to check out the first three episodes of Marina Soul Club Radio on my Glenn Red Mixcloud Profile, and definitely stay tuned for the next installment, droppin’ Sunday, June 7th!
I posted the second and latest Marina Soul Club LA mix this past Sunday via my social media outlets, but I’m just getting around to it here on the ol’ weblog. It’s just in time for the midweek grind though. It’s the perfect hour of smooth listening whether you’re working on spreadsheets, pushing paper across your desk, or sifting through mostly useless emails. I promote putting your feet up and tuning in just after dinner with a glass of wine in hand 🙂 Find music by The Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Firefall, Olivia Newton John, Leo Sayer, George Benson, Steely Dan, Ned Doheny, Kalapana and more. 15 songs, 56 minutes. Grab a glass of pinot and go!
Find it via this Mixcloud link. Or here…
ARTIST / Tracklist
01. THE OZARK MOUNTAIN DAREDEVILS / “You Know Like I Know”
02. FIREFALL / “Just Remember I Love You”
03. BOB WELCH / “Church”
04. OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN / “A Little More Love”
05. LEO SAYER / “Easy To Love”
06. GEORGE BENSON / “Gonna Love You More”
07. THE McCRARYS / “You”
08. STEELY DAN / “Green Earrings”
09. NED DOHENY / “Each Time You Pray”
10. CECILIO & KAPONO / “Someday”
11. KALAPANA / “Songbird”
12. TOTO / “Africa”
13. STEVE PERRY / “Foolish Heart”
14. LINDA RONSTADT / “Ooh Baby Baby”
15. ROLLING STONES / “Waiting On A Friend”
I’m back in East Hollywood CA’s ‘Virgil Village’ enclave on Friday April 5th from 7-11pm for just the third installment of what I’m half-heartedly calling ‘Melody Yacht Club.’ Since my appearances have only begun to have regularity, I haven’t fully decided to brand it with a name that I will forever love and remember with deep feelings of nostalgia. Maybe by my next post.
However, a friend and I have already been bouncing taglines back and forth, so things are getting off the ground. Some are borrowed verbatim from the internet but all are plays on existing band names, song titles, movie phrases and what not. Here are a few of my favorites so far:
“Drop it like it’s yacht” (already in circulation, but thanks @suaverob1 for sharing!)
“Some like it yacht” (courtesy of TMS!)
“Hit me with your best yacht” (courtesy of TMS!)
“Jenny from the yacht” (courtesy of TMS!)
“Talk yachty to me” (courtesy of TMS!)
and my personal fave…
“It’s gettin’ yacht in hurr” (this one’s mine!)
If a great tagline I could use pops into your mind after having read those above, email me if you’re so inclined! I’ll totally give you a shout on any future posts.
Anyway, this event also coincides with Virgil Village’s First Fridays community social night, so I’m looking forward to some great energy around the neighborhood and inside Melody Wine Bar. Along with their Happy Hour wines available all night, it’s a FOG Pop-up kitchen night fogdining.comfeaturing two great chefs creating their own takes on contemporary American dishes.
5pm-11pm | Music at 7pm |Free Admission
MELODY WINE BAR
751 N. Virgil Ave (at Marathon St.)
Los Angeles CA 90029
Come sail away!