Stream via mixcloud Continue reading
Happy Spring, All!
Right on time for bright, warm and sunny days here on the west coast, Mix #020 of my Marina Soul Club series is now up on mixcloud.com!
If you haven’t yet checked it out, I started this collection of music mixes in April 2020 as an extension of the monthly dinner & wine events my crew and I were hosting at Melody Wine Bar in Los Angeles before the pandemic. Along with ‘Executive Officer (XO), Ryan Baysa, we set out to keep the music that we love alive.
Marina Soul Club is the place in our hearts where the cool smooth rock & soul music of the late 70s and early 80s co-exist, via both the widely popular and more obscure selections of the era. The mixes simultaneously aim to skip along the surface and take deep dives into the material, recalling the hits as well as shining some light on the many hidden treasures overlooked by mainstream radio in those days.
It’s soft rock, breezy jazz, lite disco, mellow 80s, island grooves and coastal vibes throughout. Yacht and nyacht for those who know the lingo. 15 songs, 57 minutes long. This latest playlist finds the music of the artists listed below together, as we think they should be 🙂 Enjoy the music and the sunshine state of mind!
- CULTURE CLUB / “Do You Really Want To Hurt Me”
- 10cc / “The Things We Do For Love”
- RENEÉ GEYER / “Be There In The Morning”
- GREG PHILLINGANES / “Lazy Nina”
- CLAUDIO RODITI ft. KENIA / “Madalena”
- CHRISTOPHER CROSS / “All Right”
- RHEAD BROTHERS / “Oh! Darling”
- PERCY MAYS / “Changes”
- POSITIVE FORCE ft. DENISE VALLIN / “You Told Me You Loved Me
- RITA COOLIDGE / “The Fool In Me”
- STEVE KIPNER / “Cryin’ Out For Love”
- DUSTY SPRINGFIELD / “Don’t Call It Love”
- SKOOL BOYZ / “Your Love”
- PATRICE RUSHEN / “Remind Me”
- MARCOS VALLE / “Naturalmente